We are seeking a reporter/writer to join the ABC News Digital team to cover business and technology news. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with proven experience covering business and technology — both in writing breaking news and features. This reporter will be expected to weave together their own reporting and information from the field in conjunction with our newsgathering operation.
This reporter will have a strong sense of how to approach a story holistically – using photos, videos and social embeds to create text stories that are sharp, informative and highly visual. This reporter will also work closely with the Digital video team to produce compelling video features and explainers. This reporter will also be expected to assist editors in the selection and curation of business and technology content from our partners.
The role is based at the ABC News headquarters in New York City, and is generally dayside, Monday through Friday, though hours may shift depending on coverage needs.
- Pitch and write daily and enterprise business and technology stories
- Turn around day-of stories with speed and accuracy
- Collaborate with newsgathering and broadcast show teams
- Identify fresh, engaging story ideas, angles and sources
- Maintain business and technology-related live blogs when necessary, such as during major rocket launches or relevant congressional hearings, in coordination with editors
Basic Qualifications :
- At least 3 years reporting/writing experience covering business and technology for an online news organization or a news organization with a significant online presence
- Proven ability to write clean copy on a deadline
- Experience with web publishing and AP style
- Track record of collaborating with reporters and editors of all experience levels in a fast-paced newsroom.
Required Education :
BA or BS from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education :
Master’s degree in journalism from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
To apply, go here.